At Seattle Pacific University, students don’t need to make separate purchases for textbooks — it’s all included!
Created in partnership with Akadémos, Inc., and powered by TextbookX, SPU’s Falcon Advantage course material program is an innovative, personalized, and affordable solution for students. At the start of each qualifying term, all students will receive all the physical and digital course materials they need in order to succeed.
Here’s how it works:
If you want to opt out of the program, you can do so through the website. Opt-out due dates will be posted and communicated each term.
- High-quality, low-cost course materials for all of your registered classes
- One flat fee for books regardless of course, major, or material format
- No out-of-pocket textbook costs
- Delivery of all materials prior to the first day of class
- A personalized website showing courses and when, where, and how course materials will be delivered
- An integrated system where digital materials are easily referenced through the bookstore’s eLibrary and move with you as courses are added and dropped
- Year-round student support with 24/7 availability during the back-to-school season
- Branded apparel & gifts including clothing, hats, and more
What actions do students need to take?
Not much at all!
- Check out your course list at spu.textbookx.com to see what materials you’ll receive.
- Pick up any physical texts at Mailing Services.
- Check your email for digital access information.
Contact spu.textbookx.com/help if you have any questions.
You do not need to take any actions to ensure that your materials are delivered. The bookstore will know what materials you need and deliver physical items to campus, or you can deliver them to your home, while digital course material access information will be emailed as well as listed in your bookstore eLibrary account for future reference.